Coronavirus (COVID -19) – Airco Statement March 2020
18th March 2020
Over recent weeks Airco have been actively monitoring the information provided by the Government, Public Health England & the Foreign Office with regard to the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). As a responsible employer our first priority will always be to protect the health and welfare of our employees, whilst ensuring we maintain the high level of service that our customers expect. As a valued client, we would like to inform you of the steps we are taking that we are confident will enable this.
What are we doing for our customers?
• Working in close contact with our customers and prioritising works where necessary
• Working in close contact with our supply chain to ensure we have a fully stocked warehouse of essential spares, refrigerants and HVAC equipment
• Advising our customers of latest industry guidance relating to the Coronavirus, such as REFCOM Technical Bulletin TB/048
• Ensuring our mobile workforce are equipped with the latest information, guidance and enhanced PPE kit to ensure safe working practices can be maintained on site
• Providing additional ‘deep clean’ services for HVAC equipment
• Zero disruption to our 24/7 nationwide call out provision
What are we doing for our employees?
• Adhering to, and educating our employees on the latest advice provided by the UK authorities
• Quarantining colleagues who present symptoms after travel or exposure to infected individuals
• Monitoring our employees recent foreign travel and pending personal travel
• Review of internal practices including:
- Reduction of office-based personnel by facilitating home working where possible
- Improving hygiene practices of our employees where homeworking is not possible
• Enhanced PPE kit for our mobile Engineers
• The introduction of a pre-screening process:
- For all planned and reactive work, which will enable Airco to generate a risk assessment considering all stakeholders, the environment and the evolving situation
- For all visitors to Airco premises
• Cancelling non-essential travel for all Airco personnel
• Cancelling non-essential Airco gatherings such as training/meetings
We continue to monitor the developing situation & will provide further update in due course as necessary. If you would like any further information, then please do not hesitate to contact us.
We hope we can continue to support each other through this challenging period, AIRCO.